CONSULTATIONS OFFERED AT OUR TWO CONVENIENT LOCATIONS IN SAN DIEGO AND CARLSBAD
Women who are unhappy with the size of their breasts may be good candidates for breast augmentation. Using one – or a combination! – of two techniques, Dr. Seare has helped numerous women achieve the bust they desire.
Specializing in plastic surgery with awake anesthesia, Dr. Seare is one of the top breast augmentation surgeons in Southern California. Contact the office of Dr. Seare in San Diego or Carlsbad to request a consultation and a get started!
About Breast Augmentation
Although beauty trends come and go, breast augmentation has steadily been one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in the United States for decades. Since it has been around for so long, it is also one of the most studied, safe, and advanced procedures available. Although all surgical procedures come with some risks, Dr. Seare offers two effective techniques to help women who wish to enhance the size and shape of their bust.Dr. Seare specializes in performing procedures with awake anesthesia, which significantly reduces the risks associated with surgical procedures and minimizes recovery time.
This means that patients can return to their schedules quicker and enjoy their results sooner! He performs both breast augmentation with implants and breast augmentation using the fat transfer technique. Contact his office in San Diego or Carlsbad to learn more about these techniques and see which one is right for you.
Before & After Photos
Breast Augmentation is a surgery that utilizes breast implants to increase breast size or restore breast volume. Clinically, breast augmentation is referred to as augmentation mammoplasty. Breast augmentation can improve the fullness of breasts and improve self-image and self-confidence. Breast augmentation can be used in reconstruction following a mastectomy.
Breast Augmentation Candidates
The best candidates for breast augmentation are those patients who meet the following criteria:
- Are physically healthy
- Have reasonable expectations
- Have fully developed breasts
- Feel breasts are too small
- Have asymmetrical breasts
- Unhappy with breast appearance
Breast Augmentation Procedure
In general, these are the steps to a breast augmentation procedure:
- The patient will receive adequate anesthesia, either intravenous sedation or general anesthesia.
- An incision is made in an area to reduce visible scarring. One of three types of incisions that can be made are: periareolar, inframammary, or transaxillary. Incision site is determined on the type and size of implant used, your anatomy, and surgeon preference.
- The implant is then inserted through the incision. The implant can be placed either beneath the pectoral muscle or on top of the pectoral muscle.
- The incisions are then closed with sutures, surgical tape, or skin adhesive.
Breast Implant Types
There are essentially two types of breast implants.
- Saline breast implants - These are filled with sterile salt water. If the implant leaks, the saline will be naturally reabsorbed by the body. These types of implants are approved for use by the FDA for women 18 years old or older.
- Silicone breast implants - These are filled with silicone gel. Silicone breast implants may need to be followed regularly by the surgeon. These types of implants are approved for use by the FDA for women 22 years old or older.
- Breast implants may not last a lifetime. Additional surgery may be required in the future to replace one or both implants.
- Weight loss, menopause, and pregnancy can change the way the breast implants look.
- Regular examinations are required to monitor the condition of the implants.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Fat transfer breast augmentation is a form of breast augmentation that basically uses liposuction to take fat from another part of the body and transfer it to the breasts. This option is for those looking for a small increase in breast size and wants a more natural look.
For more information about Breast Augmentation contact Clinique Sculpture for an appointment in Carlsbad, CA call (866) 972-8578.
When the patient comes in to consult with Dr. Seare, they will first discuss why the patient is interested in a breast augmentation and what they hope to achieve. Dr. Seare will perform an evaluation and then use his expertise to recommend which technique – implants or fat transfer – would best help the patient meet their goals.
Both breast augmentation techniques are highly customizable. Depending on which technique the patient chooses, they will have a number of other decisions to make as well. For implants, they will speak with the doctor to decide what type of implant they want, making decisions on size, shape, and texture, among other options. They will also have to decide on the placement of the incision. For a fat transfer procedure, patients will need to decide where they want to have fat removed using liposuction prior to using that fat to increase the size of their bust.
Dr. Seare will help the patient make the best decisions for their body and lifestyle during the consultation. Our staff is highly trained, professional, and caring. See our reviews to read what a difference our plastic surgery procedures have made in the lives of our patients. To discover which breast enhancement procedure is the best option for you, schedule a consultation with Dr. William Seare at Clinique Liposculpture.
*RESULTS MAY VARY